Plantain Flour 2lbs
plantain Flour paleo diet gluten free
Jeb Foods Plantain Flour
Plantain flour is the product of dry pulverized plantain slices. Plantains are a staple food in the tropical regions of the world. It is rich in iron, Ascorbic acid(Vitamin C), carotene and other vitamins. Plantain flour is lower in calories than the regular all-purpose flour.
Plantain flour is a healthier substitute for wheat flour and the all-purpose flour because it doesn’t contain gluten which is the main protein found in wheat and barley, has negative effects on the body. Many people are unable to digest the gluten in wheat.
- Grain Free Gluten Free Certified
- Non-GMO Certified
- Paleo Certified
- It is rich in iron and potassium
- Vitamin A, vitamin B, magnesium and phosphorus. For people with gluten intolerance, it is the perfect substitute for flours containing gluten. It is high in fiber and aids in digestion.
- Plantain flour is lower in calories than the regular all-purpose flour
- healthy substitute for other baking flours.
Health Benefits of Green Plantain Flour and
The Adoption of a Paleo Diet
Before processed food, We lived a healthy lifestyle. diabetes, obesity, and cancer was not an epidemic
Processed wheat, and in particular, processed wheat flour is partly responsible for many of modern day ailments that simply did not exist in years gone by.
“Is there an Alternative?”
As more and more people are ditching processed products for a natural “Paleo Diet”, which is a lifestyle that closely emulates the diet of human beings during our hunter-gatherer days, there is a growing demand for natural, unprocessed substitutes for the foods that can cause so many health problems.
One particularly useful and natural alternative to wheat flour is Plantain Flour, which in addition to not containing many of the harmful pesticides and hormones used in manufacturing processes, has a number of other benefits.
Plantain flour is:
- Rich in Vitamins A, B, C, Potassium, Iron, Phosphorus, and Magnesium
- Suitable for consumption by those suffering from both Type 1 & Type 2 diabetes
- Able to treat a range of digestive issues, like indigestion, constipation, and diarrhea
- Used to combat a range of symptoms associated with erectile dysfunction
- Rich in resistant starch that does not create a sugar spike in the bloodstream
- Free of gluten, making it perfect for those with an intolerance to it
There are many other benefits and uses for plantains in their raw form, which are far too numerous to go into here. Suffice to say that it is extremely useful and beneficial to health.
The Paleo Diet
Processed wheat flour is ubiquitous. Buy anything made from bread or pastry at any supermarket and it is 99% guaranteed to contain processed white flour, which means that even those with relatively healthy diets are consuming a lot of it and it is so hard to avoid without making some kind of lifestyle change.
One of the ways to effectively reverse the damage done from a lifetime of eating processed produce is to go/get back to our roots, to a time where humans were much healthier than we are today.
Most of the natural products we speak about can be found in African’s herbs and foods diet.
Plantains flour is one of the many foods from the African continent that can give us a healthier and balanced life.
Our mission is to raise awareness of the largely forgotten natural Organic nutritional food products from Africa, plus the benefits they offer.